Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Adsense Tip: Using Ad Links as the Menu

This is a simple strategy. I use it to make my website a lot more
like Adsense rather than the other way around. You must know by
now that Adsense offers not only those little boxes with text ads in
them, but they also have these little-little words. These are Ad
Links. When people click on them, Google will show a few ads from
Adword. This is a two-step process. You may think that this may
reduce your earning – my experiment proved otherwise.
Many times, my Ad Links, done the right way, is more profitable
than the normal ad boxes. How do I do it? Just look at the example
below.

What I do is make my menu to use the exact same font size
and type that Adsense are using for their Ad Links. And then, I blend
my menu to the Adsense. One look, people will see my menus and
not some ads by Adsense.

I only use Ad Links with 4 keywords in them. Ad Links with
four keywords uses bigger font size and looks a lot more like a menu.
Ad Links with 5 keywords are just too small to be menu. Then I use
the Arial at 9pt font size for my original menu. Menu categories have
to be in bold. And make the border color blend to the background of
your website.

-Alex
GoodSideoftheNet.com

No comments: